Business Politics and Redistribution in Latin America (in preparation for submission)
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
Business groups, tax efficiency, and regressivity in Colombia. In: Atria, J., Groll, C., Valdes, M.F. (Eds.), Rethinking Taxation in Latin America: Reform and Challenges in Times of Uncertainty. Palgrave Macmillan (2018)
Business Interest Groups and Taxation, Political Studies, March 2017, 65 (1): 122-143. DOI
Business interest groups and policymaking in Latin America in Riggirozzi, Pia and Wylde, Christopher, eds. Routledge Handbook of South American Governance. Routledge (2017)
New dependency?: Economic links between China and Latin America, Issues & Studies, March 2017, 53 (1)
Public acceptance of Peramivir during the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Pandemic, Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness, April 2015, 9(2): 166-174. (with V. Freimuth, K. Hilyard, and S. Quinn). DOI: 10.1017/dmp.2014.156
Who Votes in Latin America?: A Test of Three Theoretical Perspectives, Comparative Political Studies, July 2014, 47 (8): 1079- 1104. (with M. Carreras). DOI
Party System Nationalization, Presidential Coalitions, and Government Spending, Electoral Studies, December 2013, 32(4): 783-794. DOI:10.1016/j.electstud.2013.03.005
Institutionalism in Kingstone, Peter and Deborah Yashar, eds., 2013, Routledge Handbook of Latin American Politics, New York: Routledge. (with Aníbal Pérez-Liñán)
Voters’ Resources and Electoral Participation in Latin America, Em Debate, Junio 2012, 4(3): 25-40. (with M. Carreras)
Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Exposure, Susceptibility, and Access to Health Care, American Journal of Public Health, February 2011, 101(2): 285-293. (with V. Freimuth, K. Hilyard, S. Kumar, D. Musa, and S. Quinn). DOI: 10.2105/AJPH.2009.188029
R&R, Under Review, and Working Papers
- Tax structure, business, and labor markets (with D. Doyle)
- Political finance regulation and electoral competition
- Economic adversity and voting turnout (with M. Carreras)
- Reciprocity, redistribution, and tax morale (with D. Doyle and C. Schwartz)
- Welfare state and tax preferences (with D. Doyle and C. Schwartz)
- Behavioral dynamics of tax evasion and tax compliance in Latin America
- Review of Robert Karl, Forgotten Peace: Reform, Violence, and the Making of Contemporary Colombia in NACLA Report on the Americas, 49(2), June 2017, pp. 222-223.
- Review of Patrick Bernhagen, The Political Power of Business: Structure and Information in Public Policy-Making in Political Studies Review (forthcoming).
- Review of Tasha Fairfield, Private Wealth and Public Revenue in Latin America: Business Power and Tax Politics in Journal of Latin American Studies (48) 4: 886-887.