Business Politics and Redistribution in Latin America (in preparation for submission)
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles and Book Chapters
Business groups, tax efficiency, and regressivity in Colombia. In: Atria, J., Groll, C., Valdes, M.F. (Eds.), Rethinking Taxation in Latin America: Reform and Challenges in Times of Uncertainty. Palgrave Macmillan (forthcoming).
Business interest groups and policymaking in Latin America in Riggirozzi, Pia and Wylde, Christopher, eds. Routledge Handbook of South American Governance. Routledge (forthcoming)
New dependency?: Economic links between China and Latin America, Issues & Studies, March 2017, 53 (1)
Business Interest Groups and Taxation, Political Studies, March 2017, 65 (1): 122-143. DOI
Public acceptance of Peramivir during the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Pandemic, Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness, April 2015, 9(2): 166-174. (with V. Freimuth, K. Hilyard, and S. Quinn). DOI: 10.1017/dmp.2014.156
Who Votes in Latin America?: A Test of Three Theoretical Perspectives, Comparative Political Studies, July 2014, 47 (8): 1079- 1104. (with M. Carreras). DOI
Party System Nationalization, Presidential Coalitions, and Government Spending, Electoral Studies, December 2013, 32(4): 783-794. DOI:10.1016/j.electstud.2013.03.005
Institutionalism in Kingstone, Peter and Deborah Yashar, eds., 2013, Routledge Handbook of Latin American Politics, New York: Routledge. (with Aníbal Pérez-Liñán)
Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Exposure, Susceptibility, and Access to Health Care, American Journal of Public Health, February 2011, 101(2): 285-293. (with V. Freimuth, K. Hilyard, S. Kumar, D. Musa, and S. Quinn). DOI: 10.2105/AJPH.2009.188029
Voters’ Resources and Electoral Participation in Latin America, Em Debate, Junio 2012, 4(3): 25-40. (with M. Carreras)
R&R, Under Review, and Working Papers
- Tax structure, business, and labor markets (with D. Doyle)
- Political finance regulation and electoral competition
- Economic adversity and voting turnout (with M. Carreras)
- Reciprocity, redistribution, and tax morale (with D. Doyle and C. Schwartz)
- Welfare state and tax preferences (with D. Doyle and C. Schwartz)
- Behavioral dynamics of tax evasion and tax compliance in Latin America
- Preferencias redistributivas y tributación en Colombia
- Electoral determinants of tax equity and efficiency
- Review of Robert Karl, Forgotten Peace: Reform, Violence, and the Making of Contemporary Colombia in NACLA Report on the Americas, 49(2), June 2017, pp. 222-223.
- Review of Patrick Bernhagen, The Political Power of Business: Structure and Information in Public Policy-Making in Political Studies Review (forthcoming).
- Review of Tasha Fairfield, Private Wealth and Public Revenue in Latin America: Business Power and Tax Politics in Journal of Latin American Studies (48) 4: 886-887.